Those of you who attended our fun magic show with Magician Chris Britt on 01/21/2021, will recall that he agreed to provide us with instructions for one of his card tricks and the floating finger trick. So, here you go …
"9 Card Trick" by Jim Steinmeyer
1. Take any nine cards and place them onto the table in 3 piles of 3 cards each.
2. Pick up any pile and remember its bottom card.
3. Drop this pile on top of one of the others
4. Drop these 6 cards on top of the last pile.
5. Hold the 9 cards spell the value of the chosen card by dealing one card down to the table for each letter. Example: If the card chosen is the Queen of Spades, spell Q-U-E-E-N and drop the remaining cards in your hand on top.
6. Pick up the packet and spell O-F. As before, drop the rest of the cards on top.
7. Pick up the packet and spell the suit of the card you selected: S-P-A-D-E-S. Drop the rest of the packet on top.
8. So, now spell M-A-G-I-C (or any meaningful 5 letter word to your audience, like someone's name) and turn over this last card. Believe it or not, this will always be the selected card!
Finger Sausage Illusion
Step 1. Hold your hands at eye level about 10 inches in front of you. It helps if the background is rather homogenous and has a color very different from your fingers.
Step 2. Point your index fingers against each other, leaving about 1 inch distance between them.
Step 3. Now look “through” your fingers, into the distance behind them. An extra piece of finger “like a sausage” should appear. If you try to look at the sausage, it will disappear, it is only present if you look at something more distant than your fingers. Move your fingers closer or farther apart to adjust the length of the "sausage." Close one eye or the other and the illusion will disappear. If you focus your attention back to your fingertips the illusion will also disappear.
Enjoy … and good luck!
VIRTUAL MAH JONGG TOURNAMENT
Covid got you going through Mah Jongg withdrawal? Well we have the answer to your problem! TAS Sisterhood is joining with Temple Or Rishon to put on a virtual Mah Jongg Tournament! The weekend of February 12-14, you will play 20 games of Mah Jongg. Cost is only $20. You have to provide your own food, but we will provide the prizes!
Not sure how to play Mah Jongg online? We can help with that! Not sure how to play Mah Jongg at all? We can help with that too!
You can sign up at:
https://tinyurl.com/mahjtournament2021. And be sure to forward this to your friends so that they can sign up too.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING – 02/18/2021
We will be sending out information about our February event in the next few days. If you have any questions about Covid-19, vaccines, treatment, symptoms, or anything else, we will have the expert available to address them all. Stay tuned …
Words of Wisdom:
"People often avoid making decisions out of fear of making a mistake. Actually the failure to make decisions is one of life's biggest mistakes." – Rabbi Noah Weinberg
Your president sends regular emails with upcoming events and interesting information. emails are posted here, so if you miss one, you can always find out what was said.
The URL of our RSS feed is https://tassisterhood.weebly.com/1/feed
If you clicked on the RSS feed icon and got a message starting with "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it." then you don't have an RSS feed extension installed.
Google "RSS feed extension", click on one of the links, install an extension, and then try clicking on the RSS feed again.